The aims of the organisation are outlined as follows...
- to maintain,safeguard and enhance the professional and educational standards of all pharmacy technicians
- to encourage and promote voluntary registration
- improve educational standards (BTEC/SCOTVEC Qualification, NVQ/SNVQ National Occupational standards)
- advising the Pharmacy Regulator of how technicians can be put to greater use
- to promote safe and cost effective dispensing, distribution and use of medicines
- to promote pharmacy technicians as an integral part of the patient care team.