Association of Pharmacy
Technicians UK (APTUK)
The Professional Leadership Body for Pharmacy Technicians
Please follow the FIVE steps below for JOINING APTUK as a new member / existing member using the DIRECT DEBIT SCHEME and instructions on getting access to the website (members area):
If you have any enquiries relating to membership and other payment methods, please contact our membership co-ordinator by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. N.B membership is for United Kingdom residents only.
1) New members and existing members will need to set up a yearly direct debit with APTUK. Pre-registration Trainee Pharmacy Technician membership will need to complete a separate registration form.
Please note; which ever date you specify as your preferred collection date, this will be when your membership begins with APTUK, e.g. if you choose for your first payment to be received in 2 months time from today, then your membership will begin in two months time. However, it will take approximately 10 to 14 working days for your membership to be processed and posted to you after confirmation of payment.
Full Member - registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the General Pharmaceutical Council or a Pharmacy Technician working in Northern Ireland who meets the qualifying requirement for registration with the GPhC
Associate Membership - open to pharmacy technicians who were full members and are no longer in gainful employment.
Fellow Membership - if you have been awarded an APTUK Fellowship and require further details on renewal of membership with APTUK, please contact our secretary on: email@example.com
Pre-registration Trainee Pharmacy Technician membership - available for a period of no longer than 2 years from the start of pre-registration training to persons undertaking the Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Pharmacy Service Skills (QCF) and one of the GPhC recognised Level 3 Diploma qualifications in Pharmaceutical Science.
2) Your application for a direct debit will be processed by RAPIDATA, and a confirmation email will be sent to you from them. This email is only confirming your direct debit is set up, not your full APTUK membership. APTUK will need to recieve payment before providing the FULL membership.
3) Membership co-ordinator will then process your full membership with APTUK after confirmation that your direct debit (fee) has been paid (within 10 to 14 working days).
4) Membership co-ordinator will then send a welcome email, which will include your membership number.
5) For access to the members only area of the website; please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address and APTUK number.