This OTC module is about acne. It will consider the causes, symptoms and treatment options for the common condition.
After studying this module, assistants will:
- Be familiar with the basic structure of human skin and the hormonal changes that lead to acne
- Understand the common causes of acne and who is most likely to be affected
- Be aware of some of the most common myths about acne
- Know when to refer sufferers to the pharmacist
- Be able to suggest OTC acne treatments and skincare products
- Be able to advise on self-care techniques to help minimise symptoms.
Jane Feely, PhD
About this module
This module has been endorsed with the NPA’s Training Seal as suitable for use by medicines counter assistants as part of their ongoing learning. Complete the questions at the end to include in your learning log.
Click here to download a PDF of the module as it appeared in print. You can still use your online learning log to record your learning outcomes and impact on your practice.