APTUK Climate Emergency Declaration
- We acknowledge the threat of the climate emergency and its disastrous effect on population
- We acknowledge that this crisis requires immediate and radical action.
- We are committed, as an organisation to opposing this crisis and promoting and embedding
environmental sustainability in all our processes.
- We will incorporate sustainability into all future policies and corporate decisions.
- We have no investments in fossil fuels or other environmentally harmful products, and we
commit to never developing them.
- We commit to advocate, educate, and influence our members on climate health so they can
practice, work and live in more sustainable ways.
What we already do
- The vast majority of our meetings are now held via teleconference, therefore reducing the impact of
travel. When we do travel, we travel by public transport where possible and we choose venues for
meetings which are easily accessible via public transport.
- Emailing payment receipts. Emailing invoices wherever possible. Providing reimbursement for
expenses or speaker fees via bank transfer rather than posted cheques.
- We only print documents when necessary and we have a cloud-based sharing system for our APTUK
Directors and Executive Committee members.
What we will commit to do
APTUK recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment, and we have recently committed to
undertake a review of our current working practices in relation to sustainability and environmental
We are committed to continual improvement of our environmental performance as an integral part of our
business strategy and operational methods moving forwards.
Click here to download a copy of this declaration.
Common feeding feeding issues, including coloc, reflux and regurgitation, and some of the ways they can be managed
Viatris has created this short video based on a publication reviewing global research into the potential impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on mental health. It identifies six areas where psychiatrists can play a role in supporting people's mental health through these difficult times.
Record my learning outcomes
Inspiring stories related to health, fitness and the pursuit of wellbeing