The APTUK website has various learning resources that can support you with your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and revalidation. Members will need to register an account on the website to access this information. If you are not a member of APTUK – this is one of the many benefits of membership – for more information click here.
The resources can be found under the Training tab on the homepage and range from short Learning Videos to currently sixty two bite sized CPD modules. Topics included are:
· Clinical topics e.g. Antimicrobial stewardship, Depression in adults, Low back pain, Asthma management and many more
· Revalidation, Meeting the standards, Professionalism and Professional judgement.
Please visit the APTUK website aptuk.org to see all the learning resources available for you.
Once learning has been completed, you can document and save your CPD records on the learning log, a facility that APTUK has for its members. The learning log can be found under your name, once you have logged in.
· After logging in, click on your name.
· You will see My Learning Log, click on this.
· Click on Add new learning entry and then CPD entry
· You will have two options, unplanned or planned. Choose depending on your type of learning.
· Record your learning and then save.
The learning log replicates the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) revalidation templates which will make it easier for you to submit your records when required.
All registrants are required to submit a selective account based on the GPhC standards for pharmacy professionals. GPhC have chosen the following three standards for the current revalidation cycle. They are:
· Standard 3: Pharmacy professional must communicate effectively
· Standard 6: Pharmacy professionals must behave professionally
· Standard 9: Pharmacy professionals must demonstrate leadership
You will need to reflect on one or more of these standards in your reflective account. They relate to one another therefore; it is easier to provide a single reflective account on all these if you want to do that. Please visit the link below for further information on the various examples that will help you to complete your revalidation records.
For further information on your revalidation timeline, please visit:
For the revalidation framework, please visit:
Please contact your Revalidation National Officer for further information.
National Officer, Revalidation