The APTUK website has various learning resources that can support you with your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and revalidation. Members will need to register an account on the website to access this information. If you are not a member of APTUK – this is one of the many benefits of membership – for more information click here.
The resources can be found under the Learning tab on the homepage and range from short Learning Videos to bite sized CPD modules. Topics included are:
- Clinical topics e.g. Antimicrobial stewardship, Depression in adults, Low back pain, Asthma management and many more
- Revalidation, Meeting the standards, Professionalism and Professional judgement.
Please visit the APTUK website aptuk.org to see all the learning resources available for you.
Once learning has been completed, you can document and save your CPD records on the learning log, a facility that APTUK has for its members. The learning log can be found under your name, once you have logged in.
· After logging in, click on the Learning tab.
· You will see My Learning Log, in the drop down menu. Click on this.
· Click on Add learning record and then CPD entry
· You will have two options, unplanned or planned. Choose depending on your type of learning.
· Record your learning and then save.
Alternatively, click on the '+ Record learning outcomes' link on the completed learning module and fill in the form from there. When you click save, the record will automatically be added to your personal learning log.
The learning log replicates the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) revalidation templates which will make it easier for you to submit your records when required.
If your registration renewal deadline is after 1 October 2022, you will be required to complete:
- Four CPD records (two of which must be planned events)
- One peer discussion record
- One reflective account record
You will need to reflect on one or more of the following standards in your reflective account. They relate to one another therefore; it is easier to provide a single reflective account on all these if you want to do that.
- Standard 1: Pharmacy professionals must provide person-centred care
- Standard 2: Pharmacy professionals must work in partnership with others
- Standard 5: Pharmacy professionals must use their professional judgement
Please visit the link below for further information on the various examples that will help you to complete your revalidation records.
For further information on your revalidation timeline, please visit:
For the revalidation framework, please visit: