On Wednesday 10th November the NHS are running a Greener NHS pharmacy spotlight day, building on the momentum generated by COP26 to highlight the crucial role of pharmacy teams in delivering the NHS’s net-zero vision.
They will be spotlighting some excellent pharmacy case studies on social media. Here are just a few examples of the fantastic work that is already underway. Learn more on the Greener NHS website.
- Reducing unnecessary cannulation at Charing Cross Hospital
- Green transport delivers life-saving drugs and improves patient experience
- Solar power sparks an electrical future for Milton Keynes University Hospital
- Pedal power for cleaner healthcare delivery – Sussex Community NHS Trust
- Putting anaesthetic-generated emissions to bed: An initiative by University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust
- Boosting healthy and sustainable travel in Manchester
- Zooming into a greener future: The case for a zero-emissions courier services: An initiative by Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- For a greener NHS: GOSH reducing single use plastics